Healthy Food Makes Healthy Bodies ~ Nowadays people start to conceive that they are continually growing and developing. Our body is in constant need of healthy food to promote proper cell growth and keep it “fueled”. The ideal balance includes exercise along with a healthy diet which provides with all of the daily requirements. A healthy food guide can show precisely what is needed and what amounts are required to maintain a vital healthy body and mind.
What constitutes “healthy food”? Based on the food pyramid, there is a formula for balanced meals and this involves making use of the basic food groups which include:
• Grains (the staff of life) found in cereal, rice, pasta, and bread consisting of six to eleven helpings of some form of these items each day.
• Vegetables should be consumed in three to five helpings daily and that category includes peas, green beans, corn, carrot, lettuce, etc.
• Fruits such as peach, pears, apples, and oranges are recommended two to four servings per day.
• Dairy products should be provided two or three times daily in the form of cheese, milk, and yogurt to provide with calcium and to promote growth (particularly for children).
• Protein is vital to the body but should not be overused at the sacrifice of other healthy food items. Meat, fish, poultry, dry beans, nuts, and eggs make up this group and are vital to growth and energy.
• Fats are very helpful for a body, but it concerns only naturally occurring fats.
To insure that the daily nutritional requirements of children are met, children should have cereal with milk and fruits for breakfast; vegetables, meat such as fish, and bread or pasta for a balanced lunch. Their day should be finished with a nutritious dinner consisting of plenty of fruits and vegetables. According to the healthy food guide, we need to eat a well balanced diet which means following the guidelines provided in food pyramid information. This guide is updated every five years and it is good because the suggested requirements change from time to time, based on research.
What is good today may be bad tomorrow. Protein used to be higher in a healthy food list years ago. It was thought we needed plenty of meat daily in order to maintain our carnivore body. This has been proven to be somewhat misleading by the millions who prescribe to a daily vegan diet. Balance is the key here. Nature is all about balance and variety in food we should consume on a daily basis. For example, when we eat nothing but sweets we will not only gain weight but run the risk of developing diabetes and many heart ailments at an early age. Some sweets can be a good thing however, as the body needs some sugar to maintain energy. Again, the keyword here is balance.
Tags: #5 healthy foods to eat #daily food for good health #eating healthy plans #foods for healthy body and mind #healthy diet #healthy food list #healthy foods to eat everyday #what to eat to stay healthy